Pay-per-click is an important marketing strategy used by most big names in the online market. PPC ad is more of a necessity in today’s scenario when the organic search algorithms keep changing and the organic traffic getting frustrated by the irrelevance of the keywords, which lead them to websites they are not looking for.
PPC ads directly aim at the product or service you are trying to advertise so that the viewers that click on the ad exactly get what they want. This adds value to the user experience and hence we see more conversions with PPC ads.
If you feel that you will never get time to creatively design a PPC ad and work on its optimization, you should invest in a Google ads Melbourne agency that has the expertise to work for you while you can concentrate on other aspects of your business. The consultants at the Australian Internet Marketing agency are experts at strategizing Google ads campaigns and giving their clients results in the form of customers and not just wasted impressions.
Facts about PPC ad campaigns
PPC does bring in a lot of sales and leads, but there are some facts that you might not know when you dive into the journey of online marketing for the first time. Here is a list of facts that you should before creating a PPC ad campaign:
- Mobile drives the majority of clicks on paid ads:
- Creating a responsive website that can accommodate web traffic and be mobile-friendly at the same time is extremely crucial.
- This is because 95% of the entire ad clicks on paid ads from a mobile device.
- Therefore, creating mobile-optimized PPC ads is very essential.
- Attaining the top 3 of the paid ad spots can generate 41% more clicks:
- 41% of your clicks come from paid search ads and not organic traffic.
- However, it only happens if your PPC ad achieves the first 3 paid ad spots.
- This is why you must focus on achieving a higher quality score with these ads.
- PPC ads bring in 50% more calls from the leads who are willing to get more information:
- Always display your contact details especially the phone number on the PPC ad copy and make it clickable.
- As per a statistical report on mobile-search results, 52% of people who clicked on the PPC ad called on the contact number to get more information.
- PPC ads have a better conversion rate than organic traffic:
- It is estimated that PPC clicks have a conversion rate of about 50% which is way more than organic search result traffic.
- You cannot underestimate the importance of negative keywords:
- This saves your time and money on wasted impressions.
- In simple terms, when you add negative keywords, it blocks the ad from showing up on search results that will not bring in the people who are interested in your service or products.
- Keyword rules the factors that make for successful advertising:
- A keyword is the most basic and yet the most essential factor that triggers clicks.
- All Google ad campaigns begin with a brainstorming session to lists out potential keywords.
- PPC is a low-cost investment:
- PPC can give returns with higher margins even if you have started with a low budget.
- Your money gets deducted only when someone clicks on your ad.
- So, budgeting is not a major concern when it comes to seeing success with a PPC ad.
- Click-through-rate and cost-per-click are different and are inversely proportional:
- A good quality ad receives a better click-through rate which means that you are paying a lesser amount for each click that your ad receives.
- Cost-per-click decreases by 20% when there is a 0.1% increase in CTR.
- PPC ads remain unaffected by any updates done by Google in its search engine algorithm:
- While every algorithm update affects your ranking on the organic search result page, PPC is based on quality score metrics and remains unaffected by changes in the algorithm.
- Remarketing campaign is equal to higher ROI:
- Remarketing ads are less affected by ad fatigue in terms of conversion rate.
- Although the CTR gets lower with time, the continuous conversion rate keeps providing a higher ROI.
What are you waiting for? You can start with a low budget and start experimenting with PPC ads. A PPC ad is a marketing strategy that can show quick results even with a small investment amount. If you start receiving benefits, you can slowly incorporate PPC into your regular online marketing strategy to keep receiving the benefits on a long-term basis.