Castor oil offers many benefits for an amazing hair care experience when it comes to oiling the scalp. It deeply nourishes hair, strengthens roots, promotes new hair growth, and removes bacterial infections on the scalp. While it helps with improved hair growth too, it also stimulates a healthy environment on the scalp for faster hair growth. So, let’s dig deep and understand how beneficial castor oil for hair is.
The eternal struggle of wanting long and healthy hair has one certain way out- using good-quality hair oil. And whenever you think of excessive hair shedding or hair thinning, you might have felt tempted to try castor oil to get rid of the issues. This old-age remedy is used in traditional medicines to moisturize the scalp. This makes your hair smoother, stronger, and more voluminous. It also soothes the irritation caused by bacteria and dandruff.
Castor oil is rich in Ricinoleic acid, a fatty acid known to calm down inflammation. When used on the scalp, it also prevents excessive hair fall. So, through this article, we will check out the many benefits of castor oil and learn the best way to use it.
- Nourishes and strengthens strands: The nutritional composition of castor oil for hair helps in healthier hair growth. This oil contains vitamins, proteins, fatty acids, and antioxidants, so it is found in most hair products meant for faster regrowth.
So if you are looking for a star ingredient in stimulating hair growth, you should try castor oil. It nurtures the scalp and strengthens fragile hair follicles.
- Helps reduce hair loss: Scientific study on castor oil shows that this oil indeed helps in faster hair growth. It also nourishes dry and brittle hair to stop breakage and hair fall. It may also be used with other carrier oils like coconut oil or mustard oil for the best results.
- Packed with antimicrobial properties: It’s no surprise that the antimicrobial properties of castor oil are useful in fighting bacterial and fungal growth on the scalp. If left untreated, fungal growth can be a cause of hair damage. So you can easily bank upon castor oil for hair improvement.
- Reduces skin flaking: If you have a dry scalp, you should use this oil. It offers deep moisturization and removes seasonal dryness. It also gently cleanses the scalp and absorbs dirt, dust, and impurities.
- Allows other products to penetrate deeper: Consistently using castor oil for hair allows easy absorption of other hair care products. In addition, regularly massaging your scalp with it boosts blood circulation. This helps in proper and effective absorption of nutrition and helps improve your hair health.
- Protects against breakage: The presence of Ricinoleic acid boosts the blood circulation in the scalp and nourishes the hair follicles. This nutrient can help you have stronger strands with consistent use. Castor oil is a humectant that helps seal moisture to the hair and brings in shine. And it’s no miracle that moisturized hair tends to grow at a steady rate.
Note: It may feel sticky after the application, the best practice is to rinse off your hair within 30 minutes with amla shampoo.
How to use castor oil for best results?
Castor oil has multiple benefits for dry and brittle hair. You should follow these tips to get the best results.
- Use sparingly: More is good- but not every time. Remember this next time when you oil your hair. Mostly we are tempted to overdo oiling because we think it provides nourishment. But too much oil could make the scalp greasy and sticky.
So if you are using it for the first time, do a patch test to ensure you are not experiencing any adverse effects. You should not apply castor oil to hair more than once a week.
- Use as a 20-minute treatment: The best way to use castor oil is by rubbing some of it on your palm and working through the roots while going towards the ends. You should gently massage your scalp for some time and let it stay before you plan to rinse off your hair.
Castor oil is viscous and can block pores and shrink the oil glands. It is also highly occlusive and it would help if you wet your hair before applying it. This will also prevent the oil from sticking to your hair.
From where to get the best castor oil for hair?Castor oil is one of the best oils for hair regrowth. However, with so many brands on the market having their formulations to make this oil, we suggest trusting only hair products that are enriched with natural products. In addition, oils containing harmful chemicals and toxins can irritate your skin and eyes, so we recommend using Mamaearth’s Hair Care range for the best results.
Mamaearth offers a wide range of hair care products, from hair shampoos, conditioners, oil, hair masks, and hair serums. You can also try its Amla Shampoo, which targets gray hair but first, let’s talk about its Castor oil.
This 100% pure, natural & cold-pressed oil is extracted from castor seeds without heating them or subjecting them to any chemical treatment. Rich in essential fatty acids, this hair oil provides nourishment from the tip to the strands. It also stimulates blood circulation, helps new hair growth, moisturizes the scalp, eases dandruff, and makes hair smooth and long when massaged consistently.
It is rich in antioxidants and possesses antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. And the best part is that you can also use Mamaearth Castor Oil for hair, skin, and nails. Enriched with Vitamin E, Omega-6, and Ricinoleic acid, it helps make hair strong and voluminous and prevents premature gray. It also provides deep moisturization to the hair roots and makes them stronger.
Oiling the scalp and hair is a time-honored formula to restore hair health. So, if you are looking for the best hair oil for regrowth, you should try Mamaearth’s Castor Oil for hair. This nourishing formula leaves your hair healthy and also triggers new hair cell growth. Moreover, as it excludes harsh chemicals or toxins, it never goes wrong for any hair type!